Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Perfect Answer

When Jainey wakes up early, she doesn't come find me like the other kids used to do. She is a very independent soul. I can usually trace her activities by the path she leaves behind her. I find a Polly Pocket circus in the bathroom or a lego fest in the living room. Generally the bulk of her time is spent in the kitchen and Wednesday morning was no exception.
An empty Girl Scout cookie box lay all alone on the counter. She had been eyeing them for days, I must confess. I casually mentioned it at our hurried breakfast. "So, Jainey, how many cookies did you have this morning?"
"Uh....one?"
"Just one cookie?" I probed
"Well, two." she confessed.
"Is that your final answer?" I said. "Because I think the box had more in it, and you don't want to lie to me, do you? I think you want to tell me the truth. And I hope you didn't eat more because you could have a stomach ache and....."
Honestly I was beginning to go on a little and we both knew it.
Jainey had the perfect solution.
"Hey mom...why don't you ask God? He was watching me the whole time I ate them."

No comments:

Post a Comment