Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Honesty

A grade school library tech has to be the best job EVER! I took a week off work for my vacation. I came back to near hero status. "You're back!" came the shouts. "How was your trip?" asked wide little eyes, and they really listened to the answer. 30 little faces sat with rapt attention while I read Goodnight Hawaiian Moon. They loved that I brought them something.

The day continued with hugs, smiles, high fives and such. I was literally beaming. Recess duty came around and I was on cloud nine. More hugs and it was even sunny to boot. You couldn't bring me down!

Just as recess was nearing it's end, I watched a little boy heading straight for the mud puddle. "Go around the puddle" I cautioned. He must not have heard me....a little louder I yelled "Around the puddle, buddy...." Slosh, slosh, slosh. By the time I reached him, he had succeeded in muddying his beautiful white tennis shoes.

I took his little face in my hands and said "Bud, you are supposed to go around the mud puddle". He scrunched up his eyes and mouth and gave me a look...not exactly happy to see me. "I thought you were in Hawaii!" he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment