Thursday, March 25, 2010

Mirror

Going out to lunch wasn't working out.

Jainey wasn't happy. She wanted soda. And a different sandwich. And probably a different mother. I tried the usual tactics. No go....


I don't know what came over me, but I just switched. Kyle handed me my water and I became Jainey. " I don't want this water! I wanted sprite!" Jainey's eyes got wide. I kept going. " I am not going to drink this. I need soda. And I want something different to eat. I don't want to be here!" I stomped my feet and put my head down on the table.



By now Jainey was in full mom mode. "Mom, stop it right now! If you keep this up they are going to kick us out! You are embarrassing me!"


Katie was laughing. "Jainey, she is only doing what you just did."


And then I spilled my water.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great to turn the tables every now and then...

    ReplyDelete